Sunday, March 23, 2008

Rabbits Are Roadkill on Rt. 37. AFI

^Clearly, I have a ton of respect for the Easter bunny^.
But what else should you expect. The kids left this morning after only one day with us. Fuck. And Jesus was kind enough to send me a visitor this morning...... Gee. Thanks.

This break has been somewhat uneventful.. and therefore relaxing.

Wednesday I went to Scarlett's. What else is new. We played Rock Band and just plain hung out.
Thursday was odd. Julia and I ran to the bank with my father and then went to Widener's caf for lunch with my mother and a friend from work. Then Julia and I went to pick up her friend Bobbie, Jen Davis and Peggie York. I haven't seen the latter two in like, years. It was an odd reunion. All three of them smoked in the backseat while I basically stuck my head out the window. They asked if the smoke bothered me... duh. I explained to them that I had asthma and they exclaimed "Oh my God, we're going to kill her!" Ahh.. Its so strange being so close to my sister and trying to grasp the fact that our crowds are drastically different. The three of her friends tried to convince me to go party with them... I told them I didn't drink or smoke.. or do coke. They said "Oh wow! We're going to turn you bad. You're going to wake up tomorrow with a beer in one hand and a blunt in the other!" Okay. Still waiting for that.
In all seriousness, it wasn't too bad. We went to the mall, and I discovered that Jen and Peggie and I all enjoyed some of the same literature. We ran into Marg, and it turned into a weird St. Mads reunion. But, not really, because as Marg's boyfriend started to walk toward us after we waved, she literally pulled him back and they left.. talk about awkward. Bobbie and Peggie nearly died laughing.
After we went to KOP, Julia and I dropped the three off at Bobbie's house and went to grab dinner at Double Decker. That was fun. We talked about, what else, our lack of love lives. Julia and I have a nice understanding of this. We like different guys, but the same. I have a very precise model in my mind, which usually ends up being completely different than the guy that I fall for. But no worries, I am still looking, haven't seen anything lately that I like. Julia on the other hand is struggling to hold on to a guy who doesn't seem to want to commit. Ugh. Men.
We went home and watched Enchanted. Awesome movie. Happy Ending. What else can two emotional teenage girls ask for?

Friday.
Woke up at 8. Read til 9. Went on my computer for an hour. Read for another 4 hours. By 2, I decided I needed to get out of bed. Got in the shower. Julia was already gone. This is a clear sign that I was not feeling myself. If Julia beats you out the door, something is clearly wrong with you. I went and ran some errands with my mother, who commented on my unusually tired state. I haven't been sleeping great, and naturally my darling mother picked up on it. Great. We went home. By the time Julia got back, it was 5 and Jen Mae was tagging along behind her. We decided to wait until the kids got here from NC (where they were staying with their Aunt) to go to our dad's. First, Julia and Jen and I went to grab dinner. I headed over to Double Decker again, and sadly realized that I was becoming one of those mindless zombies who went to Double D's every night out of convenience. Ew. I was going to need to find something else to eat on Saturday. Ran into Pat Z. Weird. I'm not so sure he recognized me.. or he could have been ignoring me, but I think the former explanation sounds nicer. Ran into Scarlett's brother too.. He lives there. But hey, who am I to talk. I just ate there two nights in a row. Ahhhh... Went home just as the kids arrived, only to leave like 10 minutes later. I went to my dads and then got ready and went (where else?) to Scarlett's. We watched half of Shrooms, and shitty TV horror movie, which also scared the hell out of me. I tried desperately to ignore Alex, for I was pissed at him. But stupid Frenchman, he is impossible to stay mad at. Kevin gave me a strange look, seeming to say "Wow, you suck at aloof-ing." Oh well. He probably has no clue what he did. But I do. And I decided to give him yet another chance. See, giving Alex more rope is always dangerous, because he always seems to hang you with it. Ah well.
Julia picked me up with Jen Mae and some kid Bill in the car. They had come from some party, and were heading back to Jen's. I got home and read before I hit the sack.

Saturday.
Woke up, went out to breakfast with my favorite grandmother. Oh yes. Sarcasm was definitely intended. I hated Julia for leaving me alone to face her. Ugh. Went to my mom's and slept. Alot. Then did my history essay, which I thought was good, but in retrospect I probably should have checked over it rather than just sent it. Had tacos for dinner! YAY for breaking the Double Decker pattern. Divinia and Jimmy came over. We made fun of Divinia for slicing the lettuce PERFECTLY. Haha. Okay, maybe you had to be there. We decided to watch August Rush, which is pretty much my new favorite movie. Jonathan Rhys Meyers.... oh yes. Watched the end of Sound of Music after. In response to Roe's crush on a certain older man, I would like to confess my love for Christopher Plummer's suave character in the movie. When he and Julie Andrews dance at the party, and then later sing "Something Good," my heart crashes in my chest. I'm a sucker ;]

Happy Freaking Easter.
Woke up at 6:40 A.M. to say bye to the kids. Went back to bed at 7ish and just closed my eyes for an hour. After tossing and turning I decided just to get up. And I've basically been sitting here for 3 hours. Only moved to get a shower. So here I am. BAM!




In all seriousness, Happy Easter. Christ is Risen!

No comments: